118th General Hospital (United States Army)
The 118th General hospital was a U.S. Army military hospital built in 1942 at Riverwood, New South Wales. This was the largest military hospital in Australia, during World War II. Known as the 118 General hospital it was planned as a hospital centre of five hospitals consisting of 490 timber barracks-type buildings, which could house a total of 4,250 beds and accommodate up to 1,250 patients and 3,500 staff. Mrs Eleanor Roosevelt, wife of the US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, visited the 118 General hospital on 8 September 1943.