From WikiMD's Wellnesspedia
WikiMD has the largest collection of medicine, nutrition and health related glossaries covering almost every topic and study area.
Some of the subjects covered include:
- Anatomy is the study of the structure and organization of living creatures, including the physical structure of the body, the location of organs and tissues, and their interconnections.
- Endocrinology is the medical specialty concerned with the study of hormones and the glands that make them, as well as how they regulate the body's metabolism and growth.
- Epidemiology is the study of the distribution and causes of disease in populations, as well as the transmission and prevention of disease.
- Geriatrics refers to the medical specialty concerned with the health of older persons, particularly the prevention and treatment of age-related diseases and ailments.
- Hematology is the medical specialty concerned with the study of blood, particularly blood cells and coagulation.
- Immunology is the study of the immune system, including how it recognizes and protects against microbial and viral invaders.
- Microbiology The scientific study of microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, fungus, and parasites.
- Neurology is the medical specialty concerned with the nervous system, which includes the brain and spinal cord.
- Oncology the medical specialty concerned with the study and treatment of cancer, including its diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Paediatrics refers to the medical specialty concerned with the health of newborns, children, and adolescents, including the prevention and treatment of pediatric diseases and ailments.
- Pathology is the study of the causes and effects of illness, including structural and functional alterations in organs, tissues, and cells as a result of disease.
- Pharmacology The study of pharmaceuticals and their effects on the body, including their absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination.
- Physiology is the study of the mechanical, physical, and metabolic processes required for life in living creatures.
- Psychiatry is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental illness and emotional disorders.
- Radiology is the medical specialty that use imaging techniques such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs to diagnose and treat disease.
- Therapeutics the study of the treatment of diseases, including the use of pharmaceuticals, surgical procedures, and other medical interventions.
Glossaries, dictionaries, and lists in WikiMD[edit source]
|Popular Glossaries||Dictionaries||Lists & Glossaries||Topics|
Additional Resources:[edit source]
- Comprehensive Dictionary of Medicine
- Encyclopedia of Medicine
- List of Medical Terms
- Cancer Terms
- Cancer Drugs
- Health Topics
- Rare Diseases
- List of Lists
Contributors: Prab R. Tumpati, MD