Any substance added to food in order to change certain characteristics of the food.
Food additives added to change or modify the following:
- maintain product consistency,
- improve or maintain nutritional value,
- maintain palatability or wholesomeness,
- provide leavening or control pH, or
- enhance flavor or impart desired color.
Lists of food additives
WikiMD is the world's largest, free medical and wellness encyclopedia.
Template(s) adapted from Wikipedia, licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license.
Navigation: Wellness - Encyclopedia - Health topics - Disease Indexââ - Drugs - Rare diseases - Gray's Anatomy - USMLE - Hospitals
Ad: Tired of being Overweight? Try W8MD's insurance physician weight loss
Philadelphia medical weight loss & NYC medical weight loss.
Contributors: Admin, Deepika vegiraju, Prab R. Tumpati, MD