From Encyclopedia & World Directory
Study:Up to 90% of traditional nutrition advice wrong
- Did you know that up to 90% of the traditional nutritional advice was proven wrong in a research study?
- Is saturated fat really bad for heart? - In a large British study of studies (meta analysis) that reviewed 72 academic studies involving more than 600,000 participants from 18 countries, they found that saturated fat consumption was not associated with coronary disease risk.
- Why did the USDA's now withdrawn Food Pyramid fail?
Study:Dietary cholesterol may not raise cardiovascular risk
Nutritional values of foods
A large list of over 15000 foods sorted and color coded for keto diet.
- A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U- V - W - Y - Z - 0-9
Primary intestinal lymphangiectasia is a digestive disorder in which the lymph vessels supplying the lining of the small intestine are enlarged. PIL is generally diagnosed before 3 years of age but may be diagnosed in older patients.
Intestinal lymphangiectasia is responsible for lymph leakage into the bowel lumen, which leads to hypoalbuminemia and lymphopenia. Edema is the consequence of hypoprotinemia with decreased oncotic pressure. Learn more....
About 70% of the adults in the United States have obesity or overweight. Losing as little as 5% to 10% of body weight through diet and exercise has been associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease in adult patients with obesity or overweight.
Wegovy is a new FDA approved once a week injection for weight loss. Wegovy works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake.
- Up to 71% of Americans are insulin resistant leading to weight gain in the belly and upper part of the body.
- 35 percent of all Americans have metabolic syndrome or prediabetes.
- The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the United States was $147 billion in 2008 US dollars; the medical cost for people who have obesity was $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.
- More obesity facts from the Center for Disease Control(CDC).
What is Ixazomib?
- Ixazomib (Ninlaro) is a proteasome inhibitor used to treat people with multiple myeloma who have received at least one prior therapy. Learn more...
Suggest a drug for featured drugs
- Did you know that the diet heart hypothesis that formed the basis for the many failed dietary recommendations such as the food pyramid was unfortunately based on wrongly interpreted observation studies?
- Study finds daytime meals may reduce health risks linked to night shift work - eating during the nighttime—like many shift workers do—can increase glucose levels, while eating only during the daytime might prevent the higher glucose levels now linked with a nocturnal work life. Learn more.
- High fiber diet may improve the response of melanoma patients to immunotherapy in some melanoma patients according to a study.
A diet high in fat and low in carbohydrates (sugars) that causes the body to break down fat into molecules called ketones is called ketogenic diet. As the human race were hunters and gatherers for over 2 million years, our bodies are adapted to a diet low in carbohydrates but high in protein and fat most similar to the keto diet.
Low carb versus low fat
The latest evidence based medical research also supports the idea of a low carbohydrate and keto friendly diet as opposed to a low fat diet. Unfortunately, most people do not understand what foods are keto friendly and what foods are not. In order to help in this area, WikiMD developed a color coding system to easily identify and classify foods.
Color coded system
Multi filter serach
If you want to find a list of keto friendly foods that are low in cholesterol, high in protein, low in carbohydrates, low in sugars, and have no saturated fat, or any number of additional criteria, you can use the advanced drill down. You can also use the database querying and find all the keto friendly foods with a collection of over 20,000 foods and growing