Keto vegan recipes
From WikiMD's Wellness Encyclopedia
If you are vegan and looking for keto friendly foods, here is a big list of keto friendly, low net carbohydrate foods. A keto vegetarian diet does not include any meat, poultry, or seafood. It is a meal plan made up of foods that come mostly from plants which include:
While choosing vegetables - use leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, cauliflower, or other green vegetables. Avoid root vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, yam, carrots, beets etc.
A ketogenic diet, or "keto" diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet that can promote weight loss and improve certain health conditions. A vegan diet, on the other hand, is a diet that excludes all animal products, including meat, dairy, eggs, and honey. Combining the two can be challenging, as many high-fat animal products, such as cheese and butter, are staples of a traditional ketogenic diet. However, it is possible to follow a ketogenic diet while also adhering to a vegan lifestyle.
Here's a list of keto-friendly vegan foods that you can include in your diet:
Non-starchy vegetables: Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and broccoli are low in carbs and high in fiber, making them an excellent addition to a vegan ketogenic diet.
Avocados: These are high in healthy monounsaturated fats and are a great source of potassium.
Coconut oil, olive oil and avocado oil: These oils are high in healthy fats and can be used for cooking or added to salads.
Vegan meat alternatives: There are more and more vegan meat alternatives like seitan, soy protein and pea protein which can be use as a high protein source.
Vegan choices[edit | edit source]
It is important to make sure that your intake of carbs is limited, and to focus on getting most of your calories from healthy fats, protein, and non-starchy vegetables. Choose the following:
Protein sources on keto vegan diet[edit | edit source]
Here are some non-animal sources of nutrients that vegetarians need to make sure they get enough of:
- Tofu and other soy-based products
- Navy beans but not black or brown beans, peas, and lentils
- Peanuts, seeds, nuts
Things to avoid on a keto vegan diet[edit | edit source]
Avoid beans, root vegetables and corn on a low carb keto friendly diet - also avoid all grains, and other starchy foods.
List of keto vegan foods[edit | edit source]
Here is a list of low carb, keto friendly vegan foods.
Net carbs of below 5[edit | edit source]
- Asparagus with Gremolata Sauce Net carbs of just 1
- Baked Tofu Net carbs of 1
- Vegetarian Collard Greens - Net carbs of only 3
- Tofu Salad - only 4 net carbs
- Asian Coleslaw 4 net carbs
- Broccoli-Cheddar Frittata - Net carbs of 2
- Cabbage Comfort - Cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds make this simple and inexpensive side dish a flavorful way to eat more veggies.
Net carbs between 5-10[edit | edit source]
- Asian Peanut Butter Dip with Celery Net carbs of 6
- Avocado and Corn Salsa Net carbs of 8
- Snappy Cole Slaw - Net carbs of 8. Cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds make this simple and inexpensive side dish a flavorful way to eat more veggies. Ingredients: 1 onion (sliced), 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 4 1/2 cups cabbage (sliced), 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Simple Mexican salad - Net carbs of 9
- Cobb salad with pears net carbs of 10
- Brazilian rice - 10 net carbs with brown rice, but you can use Cauliflower rice to lower it
- Curried Chickpea Salad - 6 net carbs
Net carbs of over 10[edit | edit source]
- Stir Fry Vegetables and Beef - 11 net carbs, you can reduce the net carbs by cutting the amount of vegetables in half
- 5 day salad - Net carbs of 13
Low carb sauces, soups and sides[edit | edit source]
- Argentinean Chimichurri Sauce Net carbs of just 1. Add some South American flair to your meal with this flavorful sauce, which can be used on meat, fish, or vegetables as a marinade or poured over your finished product.
- Cream of broccoli soup - delicious broccoli soup with net carbs of 7
More vegan recipes[edit | edit source]
- Delicious Greens - With net carbs of only 5, this recipe combines traditional leafy greens with cabbage, garlic, and onions for a savory side dish that's packed with flavor and nutrition.
- Easy Greek Salad - With net carbs of 3, while feta cheese is the star of any Greek salad, this recipe contains all of the must-have ingredients for a classic salad that is sure to please.
- Green Bean and Mushroom Medley - Lemon pepper seasoning and garlic salt give a flavor punch to this mushroom, carrot, and green bean side dish.
- Green Bean Saute - Only 4 net carbs. Jazz up green beans with mushrooms, onions, and garlic in a quick and easy vegetable side dish.
- Kale Chips with net carbs of just 3, it is a crunchy chip that you can customize to your liking! Make sure kale is washed and thoroughly dried to ensure kale chips are crispy and not soggy.
- Green Beans with Tomatoes and Basil - With net carbs of about 7, green beans give a flavor boost from fresh or dried parsley and basil, canned tomatoes, and onion.
- Herbed Vegetables - Serve this savory side dish with your favorite entree. This recipe can be made in minutes!
- Juliaâs Sauteed & Steamed Collards - Collards are an all-time favorite side to any meal. This recipe starts with tender collards and adds a hint of âheatâ from hot pepper flakes. Try this easy and tasty recipe at your next family gathering.
- Kale and Cranberry Stir-Fry - Net carbs of 12.
- French Spinach Frittata with net carbs of just 2, this French food item with scallions, spinach, and feta cheese are added to this classic oven-baked egg dish. Try substituting Cheddar, Swiss, or ricotta cheese for variety.
Dips, dressings and sides[edit | edit source]
- Creamy vegetable dip - Combining yogurt or cottage cheese with savory herbs and spices makes this veggie dip cool and delicious.
- Low Fat Creamy Dressing - With net carbs of just 1, it is a cool and tangy dressing or dip thatâs perfect for your next salad or veggie tray.
- Okra and Greens - With net carbs of about 7, being spicy and flavorful, this is an amazing side dish that doubles easily. Double up and enjoy it with a crowd during the summer months when okra is in season.
- Parsley, Almond, and Lemon Pesto - Net carbs of just 1, this is an excellent choice on a ketogenic diet
Ovo vegetarians[edit | edit source]
- Heavenly Deviled Eggs - 1 net carbs, Versatile and easy to prepare, these deviled eggs are great as an appetizer, side dish, or snack.
Keto friendly vegetarian foods[edit | edit source]
- Keto friendly foods on WikiMD - allows drill down
Also see[edit | edit source]
- Ketogenic diet
- W8MD weight loss diet
- Vegan keto diet: Everything you need to know
- 27 DELICIOUS VEGAN KETO RECIPES
- How to eat low carb as a vegan
|The world's largest collection of keto friendly and low carb foods.|
|Ketogenic foods||Ketogenic diet - Keto recipes - List of keto friendly foods by region (world)|
|A-Z keto foods||A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z|
|Vegan foods (keto)||Keto vegan recipes - Branded foods - Fast foods|
|Common foods||Most common foods - Keto foods list - Breads and cereals - Fruits and vegetables - Dairy - Eggs and meats - Baked foods - Sandwiches, soups, drinks and more|
|Low carb foods||Low carb foods with over 45000 foods in the alphabetic list of low carb diet.|
|By restaurant||Keto friendly restaurant foods - Top 500 - McDonald's - Starbucks - Chick-Fil-A - Taco Bell - Wendy's - Dunkin Donuts - Burger King|
|Sponsors||Medical weight loss NYC - Philadelphia medical weight loss - Lose weight NJ - Philadelphia sleep center - NYC sleep center|